Thursday, July 17, 2014

Oh the people you meet...



A couple of months ago at work, I had a couple stop in at about six in the morning carrying large backpacks. They came in the store and got a couple cups of coffee. At first I thought that they were homeless as they appeared to be carrying everything that they owned with them. The husband saw me looking at their backpacks and told me their story. They are not homeless. They are from a small town in Iowa and have decided to walk across the country. Their kids are all grown and have left the house and they are both retired. And this is not the first time that they have done this – two years ago they made this same walk. They met a lot of amazing people along the way and are wanting to visit them all again and meet some more amazing people. The first time it took them about 4 months to walk to California and back home to Iowa. They are expecting to be gone for about six months this time around as they have friends and family that they would like to stay and visit with. I thought that this was an amazing story and I would love to be able to do something like this one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment