Friday, June 27, 2014

Another "I believe" freewrite/credo/IDK what it really is type thing.



I believe that I am in control of my own life.  I believe that it is all up to me and that I cannot expect handouts from anyone.  I believe that where I go and what I do is completely up to me.  I believe that I can make it through school because I believe in myself. I believe that I will find happiness but that I have to work at it.  I left home 2 weeks after my 18th birthday because I wanted to do things my way.  That was a mistake because even though I am in control, sometimes I still need guidance. But it happened and it made me the person that I am today. I lost contact with my dad and my siblings but I got those things back because I wanted them.  I left my first job after 4 years when I realized that it was going nowhere.  2 months after I started my second job, I made management.  I moved up in the company over the course of the 3 years that I was there before realizing that this one was a dead end as well.  I am currently in my third dead end job but the difference is that now I am in school and making strides toward my future.  I have had several bad relationships and I know that only I can fix it or end it.  I have lived in some bad situations as well.  One of the biggest mistakes I ever made was living with my boss.  Anytime that I feel stuck in a situation I know that I am the only person that can fix it. Bad job?  I’m done. Bad relationship?  I’m gone.  Bad living situation?  I’m moving. As Smokey the bear says “Only YOU can prevent forest fires.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment