Sunday, June 15, 2014

Jung Typology

Wow.  The first word that comes to mind with this test is eerie!  These results said things about me that I have never wanted to put into words.  I tested into the, apparently rare, INFJ (Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging) typing which, in a nutshell, means that I am easily run over and very private.  The results state that "INFJs are true introverts, who can only be emotionally intimate and fulfilled with a chosen few from among their long-term friends, family, or obvious "soul mates.""  This is a very accurate way to describe me as I only consider myself to have one true friend that I don't have a problem being myself around and telling my deepest secrets to.  I have yet to find a "soul mate" that I feel this way about.  It also states that INFJs are often misunderstood by outsiders which I feel is very accurate as well.  I tend to be quite socially awkward and most people don't understand my sense of humor.  I feel that this may be a part of why writing is so hard for me.  I have a hard time getting others to understand me so I feel as though they aren't going to understand what I am writing, either.

The results also state that "INFJs are champions of the oppressed and downtrodden.They often are found in the wake of an emergency, rescuing those who are in acute distress."  This also describes me in the sense that I tend to be the person that friends and family come to with problems and expect me to pick up the pieces and give them advice - even when I have no experience in the area of what they are going through.  I am also the person that is in the hospital visiting and seeing to the needs of friends and family.  

One of the only things that I feel does not really describe me  is that "INFJs usually have very strong writing skills."  I don't feel like my writing skills are as strong as they should be at this point in my life. I hope that my typology will help me in becoming a better writer through my college career.  

However, they did say that INFJs are "well-suited to the "inspirational" professions such as teaching."  I really hope that this is true as teaching is the career path that I hope to take.  

I am really glad that I took this test.  It helped me see that, though rare, there are others out there with similar traits to my own.  It is good to know that I am less alone in this world than I originally thought.
 

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you will be an amazing teacher. You will also find your soul mate one day as well. You're a good person and from the sound of it, when I hear rare, you're a very intelligent person. Good luck on everything

    ReplyDelete